Kay's Hat Blog
This newsletter/blog is to update you about the locations of the 2014 workshops of Kay’s Art of Millinery. Past students ordering buckram hat frames from the website during the month of February 2014 will receive a 10% discount and new customers will receive a 5% discount. Below are links to the buckram hat frames and workshops being offered. http://kaysartofmillinery.homestead.com/Buckram-Intro-and-LInks.html
Future newsletters will be discussing helpful hat making tips, so if you have encountered problems while making hats e-mail me and I will try helping by answering your concerns here. Lastly, refresher courses are available at all locations for the 8-hour 2014 workshops and past students may attend for half the registration fee. To participate past student must bring their own supplies, register and pay in advance, the refresher courses are limited to four past students each workshop. I look forward to seeing you soon.
Hello every, this blog is to notify, and invite you to my 2013 workshops, which each consists of 7 days. You now have the option of attending 4, 8, 24 hours and even the full week. Those embellishing workshops you have be asking for are included along with two other new workshops. The covering and frame making workshops are now three days at your request. You know what that means….you have more time to create and finish more hats and hat frames. Two of those new workshops are right around the corner; the first is March 11-17, 2013 at Artist at the Fall,
Join me for upcoming 2012 hat-making workshops in Georgia, Texas or Louisiana. Learn the proper techniques for covering basic hat frames or come make your own hat frames from scratch. If you are buying the run of the mill hat frames and want something different these are workshops you will not want to miss.You will have more than 35 wooden hat blocks from which to choose along with 5 Fascinator blocks. Registration fees for 8-hour workshops without supplies is $125.00 each day and $175.00 with supplies. For more information visit http://kaysartofmillinery.homestead.com, or e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello everyone, I am offering Hat Making Workshops for beginners to groups of ten or less. This is a great opportunity if your group ever wanted to learn to make hats. Each workshop is eight hours and if ten people attend, the fee for the group is $50.00 per person. This offer is good during the weeks workshops are scheduled and the conditions are:
1. The group registration fee is $500.00.
2. No more than 10 participants may participate at one event.
3. The group must provide a known facility and everyone attending must be registered.
4. Half the fee must be paid prior to the start of the workshop.
5. All participants must come prepared with supplies and be ready to work.
6. I reserve the right to refuse any participant and facility.
7. The workshops may not be more than 50 miles from the zip codes where workshops are being conducted during that week.
8. The group must contact me for a supply list. If this sounds like fun, please post your comments, and you may register your group on my website www.kaysartofmillinery.homestead.com I hope to meet you all personally.
9. If your group does not have access to supplies for covering or frame making s contact me and I will work with you.
Hello and welcome to my new hat blog. Many of you have e-mailed me about hat-making and in the past I have answered you personally. I am aware those of us practicing the art of millinery are a small group, and information is not always readily available. For that reason I have decided to post you questions and comments to help other milliners who often have the same concerns.